Compact delivers intensive thorough language revision underpinned with exam practice. Ideal for shorter courses or use in conjunction with a general English course.
NEW for 2023: Compact First for Schools Third edition. Together with the latest editions of Compact Key for Schools, Compact Preliminary for Schools and Compact First, they include include specific help for Spanish-speaking learners.
Number of levels
A2-C1 (Elementary to Advanced)
- Cambridge One Digital packs available for teachers and students (Key for Schools, Preliminary for Schools, First and First for Schools)
- Organised by exam skill, each unit deals with one part of each exam paper in turn
- Exam tips and advice prepare students for the exam task which follows
- Targeted vocabulary, based on English Profile, means students are permanently ‘on level’
- Grammar, Vocabulary and error-correction exercises train students to avoid the common mistakes exam candidates make
- Specific help for Spanish speakers (Key for Schools, Preliminary for Schools, First and First for Schools)
English for Spanish Speakers
For Compact Key for Schools, Compact Preliminary for Schools, Compact First andCompact First for Schools, the English for Spanish Speakers section* provides:
- Advice on problematic spelling.
- Listening activities designed to raise awareness of English pronunciation.
- Examples of past grammatical mistakes and how to correct them.
- Commonly used words and expressions and how they differ in use to their Spanish equivalents.