Shape the Future is a forward-thinking course which provides solid language and exam practice as well as a focus on life skills – preparing students to shape their own futures in real life. Critical thinking is a key element - the reading and listening texts have been carefully chosen to be challenging, controversial, real-world and most importantly, thought-provoking. Collaborative projects and life skills lessons focus on areas such as managing feelings, critical thinking and problem solving, based on the Cambridge Framework for Life Competencies.
Number of levels
B1+-B2 (Intermediate to Upper Intermediate)
- Comprehensive coverage of University Entrance Exams with extra practice and exam tips sections.
- Step-by-step speaking and writing lessons guaranteeing successful communication.
- A complete writing guide section.
- Strong emphasis on vocabulary acquisition supported by ‘Vocabulary Extra’ pages.
- Extra work on phrasal verbs and false friends.
- Grammar is exhaustively covered with extra practice and Grammar Maps in Level 2 provide a concise summary of all the grammar covered over both levels – a perfect cheat sheet for revision.
- A two-page guide on how to put collaborative learning into practice. It also includes a section of tips and useful phrases for the classroom.
- Vox pop and documentary video sections.
English for Spanish Speakers
- ‘Get it right!’ boxes throughout the units highlighting common mistakes in grammar and vocabulary made by Spanish-speaking learners.
- Extensive practice of the Spanish University Entrance Exams.
- Full coverage of the official Bachillerato curriculum.
- Coverage of all the competences students are expected to acquire with a Key competences mapping in the Teacher’s Book.