Collocations are combinations of words which frequently appear together. Learning about collocations means understanding how words work together for fluent and natural English, and helps students speak and write in a more natural and accurate way.
The English Collocation in Use books, available in two levels, provide explanations and practice of English collocations for intermediate (B1-B2) and advanced (C1-C2) learners of English. The books have been revised and updated for this second edition, and two units per level have been added.
Number of levels
B1-C2 (Intermediate to Advanced)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- 60 easy-to-use two-page units: collocations are presented and explained on left-hand pages with a range of practice exercises on right-hand pages.
- Learn over 1,500 word combinations.
- Increase your knowledge of collocations and how to use them, with easy to understand explanations and practice exercises.
- Learn collocations in context, with lots of different topics, including ‘Using the Internet’, ‘Films and books’, ‘Social English’ and ‘Marketing’.
- Be confident about what you are learning, thanks to Cambridge research into how English is really spoken and written.
- Be better prepared for English exams such as IELTS and Cambridge English: First, Advanced and Proficiency, which often test knowledge of collocations.
- Get better at studying by yourself, with study tips, follow-up activities and an easy to use answer key.