face2face is the flexible, easy-to-teach course for busy teachers who want to get their learners to communicate quickly and with confidence. Using engaging topics, additional teacher support materials, and a focus on speaking and listening, face2face will get your students talking!
Vocabulary and grammar are given equal importance and there is a strong focus on listening and speaking in social situations. Each double-page spread is easily teachable off the page with minimal preparation. face2face is informed by the Cambridge English Corpus and its vocabulary syllabus has been mapped to the English Vocabulary Profile, meaning students learn the language they really need to know at each CEFR level.
Number of Levels
A1-C1 (Complete Beginner to Advanced)
- Fully updated content and design, with user-friendly signposting for easy navigation.
- The video-based 'Real World' lessons included in every unit give students the practical, day-to-day language they will need in their lives.
- Online Workbook with hundreds of interactive activities for online practice.
- Teacher's DVD with video presentation material for the 'Real World' lessons, as well as printable PDFs of all the teaching notes and extra photocopiable materials.
- The Spanish Speakers Handbook includes content specifically designed to help Spanish speakers overcome the difficulties they face when learning English.
English for Spanish Speakers:
The Spanish Speakers Handbook with Audio (downloadable from the Resources area) includes content specifically designed for Spanish-speaking learners.
For all levels
- Help with Pronunciation sections address key pronunciation issues for Spanish speakers.
- Get it right! pages provide tips and practice to avoid common errors made by Spanish speakers, based on research from the Cambridge English Corpus.
For Levels Elementary to Upper Intermediate:
- Extra Skills lessons focus on strategies for approaching reading and listening tasks, as well as providing more opportunities to speak.
- Reading and Writing Portfolio Plus pages offer extra practice in digital correspondence (emails, blog comments, etc.).
At Advanced level:
- Integrated Skills lessons provide extended practice for all skills and prepare students for real-life situations with a culture focus.
- Accurate Speaking sections offer extra help with common problematic areas. Pronunciation practice is integrated, with listening models of different accents.
- Exam Focus sections provide insight on different exam-type activities and useful tips for students preparing for EOI Nivel Avanzado and Cambridge English exams.