This six-level, academic-light English course has been created to build the skills and language students need for their studies. It develops students' ability to think critically in an academic context right from the start of their language learning. Every level has inspiring video on a range of academic topics.
The Basic level has been developed for pre-A1 learners. Combining the four skills with a focus on literacy and an introduction to critical thinking, students are supported as they take their first steps towards academic success.
Number of Levels
Pre-A1-C1 (Beginner to Advanced)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- The course is tailored to your needs and the needs of your students thanks to extensive market research with a global panel of ELT professionals.
- Critical thinking is at the heart of the course, fostering the skills and strategies your students need to tackle academic tasks when gathering and evaluating information, organizing and presenting their ideas, and then reflecting on them.
- The Classroom App is integrated into every unit and maximizes learning by offering extra speaking, language and critical thinking skills activities specific to each unit.
- The Teacher’s Manual and Development Pack supports your teaching with flexible lesson plans, learning objectives and additional activities.
- Become more familiar with Unlock’s content and approach using the online course, Teaching with Unlock Second Edition, which can be found in the Cambridge Learning Management System.