With clear definitions and over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings and examples, plus hundreds of pictures and illustrations, this dictionary is perfect as a reference tool and as a study companion.
Packed full of useful study extras, this fourth edition includes hundreds of new words and has been specially designed to help learners become fluent speakers of English at an advanced level.
B2-C2 (Upper intermediate to Proficiency)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- Ideal for Cambridge English: First, Advanced, Proficiency, Business English andIELTS test preparation.
- Up-to-date vocabulary includes words from the areas of technology, media, language, society and lifestyle, plus important words for academic study.
- A new ‘Focus on writing’ section helps learners to develop their advanced writing skills.
- English Vocabulary Profile correlation shows which words and meanings are known by learners at what level, so that students can prioritise their vocabulary learning.
- ‘Common mistake’ boxes, informed by the Cambridge English Corpus, help learners to avoid typical mistakes.
- ‘Word partner’ boxes show learners how to use words as a native speaker would.
- The CD-ROM includes spoken British and American pronunciation for every word.