Compact Preliminary for Schools Second edition is for the revised B1 Preliminary for Schools qualification. Ideal for shorter courses and easily integrated with a general English course, Compact covers the core exam topics, language and skills and offers intensive revision and practice to quickly maximise student performance, and now also offers specific help for Spanish-speaking learners.
This second edition prepares for the revised 2020 B1 Preliminary for Schools exam. The first edition, for the current specifications of the exam, will still be available in 2019.
- Updated design now makes this popular intensive course even easier to use with clear step-by-step approach to each exam paper.
- Organised by exam skill, each unit focuses on one part of each exam paper and provides tips and advice.
- Grammar, vocabulary and error correction exercises train students to avoid common exam mistakes.
- Now with full digital support for teachers and specifically designed help for Spanish-speaking learners.
English for Spanish Speakers
The English for Spanish Speakers section* in Compact Preliminary for Schools provides:
- Advice on problematic spelling.
- Listening activities designed to raise awareness of English pronunciation.
- Examples of past grammatical mistakes and how to correct them.
- Commonly used words and expressions and how they differ in use to their Spanish equivalents.