Compact Advanced provides advanced level students with thorough preparation and practice of the grammar, vocabulary, language skills, topics and exam skills needed for success in the C1 Advanced Cambridge English Qualification. Ten units cover all four exam papers, focusing on one part of each paper in each unit.
Reading and Listening texts cover all core topics. Writing tasks include both sample and model answers, and Speaking activities are designed to improve fluency and accuracy, and to help students express themselves with confidence. Grammar sections provide additional focus on developing the necessary grammar for the Reading and Use of English paper. Vocabulary input is at C1 level and is informed by English Vocabulary Profile research. Grammar and vocabulary work is integrated with exam practice, and include exercises informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus of real exam candidates' answers.
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- Concise, efficient preparation for the current specifications of C1 Advanced exam
- Informed by research into real learner English from the Cambridge Learner Corpus and English Vocabulary Profile
- Each unit contains exam tips and 'Quick steps', building up strategies for tackling the exam tasks which follow
- Full Writing, Listening and Speaking guides are provided at the back of the Student's Book
- A unit-based wordlist brings together target vocabulary and definitions
- The CD-ROM provides additional interactive grammar, vocabulary and exam skills practice.
- The Teacher's Book includes five Progress Tests
- A Revision page for every unit checks and measures student progress