Touchstone 2nd edition is a refreshed and updated version of the ground-breaking four-level American English course for adult and young adult learners of English. It draws on extensive research into the Cambridge English Corpus to inform the language syllabus, so the language being taught is the language people really use.
Number of Levels
A1-B2 (Beginner to Intermediate)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- Natural Language: extensive Corpus research ensures natural language is presented and practiced in authentic contexts.
- Conversation Strategies: explicit and systematic development of conversation strategies ensures learners speak with fluency and confidence.
- Inductive Learning: active and inductive learner-centered tasks encourage students to become independent learners. Students are challenged to figure things out for themselves – a powerful aid to understanding.
- Personalisation: engaging activities that encourage students to talk about their own lives and ideas promotes personalized speaking.
- Blended Learning: an adjustable blend of print and digital course components for maximum flexibility. Blend the Students' Book with the Online Workbook or use the fully online course to blend with the printed Student's Book. Touchstone is - 100% digital, 100% online, or anywhere in between.