The final Bachillerato exam and the University Entrance Exam are the key to success in this stage of students’ learning, but education goes beyond the classroom and exams. This is the idea behind Out & About – to create a course which gives solid language development for the exams but also helps to prepare students for real life, for the world in which they will live once all the exams are over.
The course addresses the growing need for a more balanced approach to the skills, with more opportunities for listening and speaking within each lesson without forgetting the essential aim of Bachillerato courses. Special ‘Life Skill’ sections are also included to make the process of language learning relevant to the real world, beyond the need to pass exams.
For more information, visit our dedicated website www.outandabout.cambridge.es
Number of Levels
B1-B2 (Intermediate to Upper Intermediate)
English for Spanish Speakers
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- 'Life Skill' sections help students to develop skills that they will need while both studying and in the future where they will be using English in the real world.
- 'Streetwise' highlights more colloquial use of language and will engage your students’ interest
- 'Tip' boxes give the students short learning strategies for listening.
- The 'Vox-pop' videos and documentaries on the Teacher's DVD help with speaking and put the language of the unit into a wider real world context.
- The dedicated website www.outandabout.es offers extra resources for students and teachers, including audio files, videos, activities and the 'tips and tricks' section that gives students help with using English in the real world.
English for Spanish Speakers:
- The Common Mistakes at Bachillerato booklet, packaged with the Student's Book, highlights errors students make and provides additional practice.
- 'Get it right!' boxes that highlight common mistakes made by Spanish-speaking learners. These are informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus.
- A complete pronunciation syllabus integrated into every unit which focuses on common pronunciation problems Spanish speakers encounter.
- 'False friends' boxes that highlight the pitfalls for Spanish speakers.
- Specific practice and preparation for the Spanish University Entrance Exams.