Cambridge Natural Science is part of the Cambridge Bilingual Programme, together with Cambridge Social Science and Life Adventures.
This course takes learners on a journey as they discover the wonders of biology, chemistry and physics. Pupils are gradually introduced to topics so that they can engage with, enjoy and fully assimilate the new concepts. A problem-based methodology in which questions are asked leading to a task which the pupils need to solve by studying the content of the unit. Fun and practical experiments and projects aid pupils’ understanding of the main themes and topics. They also encourage and practise collaborative learning.
Number of levels
A1 to B1
- Specifically written for Spain, Cambridge Natural Science covers the complete LOMCE Natural Science curriculum.
- A problem-based methodology: each unit poses a problem-based task which the pupils need to solve by studying the content of the unit.
- The contents are presented in the format of a scrapbook, closer to the way children learn things out of the classroom. Like a magazine, it includes fun facts and interesting questions to appeal to their natural curiosity.
- Documentary videos introduce the unit content.
- Projects give plenty of opportunities for personalisation, creativity and collaborative learning.
- Attitude is everything: specific lessons focus on emotional intelligence in levels 1 and 2.