New edition available! Learn all about Kid's Box New Generation.
This seven-level course gives children a confident start to learning English, and makes lessons a joy for teachers. Perfect for general use, the course is updated with vocabulary and activities that cover the syllabus of Pre-A1 Starters, A1 Movers and A2 Flyers.
The Starter Level, designed for the international edition, gives children a quick start to English before they can read or write, and can be used in the last year of Infantil.
Number of levels
A1-A2 (Complete Beginner to Elementary)
At Starter Level:
- Lively songs and stories introduce new language
- CLIL and Values sections present other subjects through English and develop children's social awareness
- DVD-ROM and activities offer extra language practice
For levels 1 to 6:
- New exam content and activities validated by Cambridge Assessment English prepare for success in the revised 2018 Young Learners tests.
- New online activities with more grammar, vocabulary, reading and listening practice.
- 'My Home Booklet' revises vocabulary and grammar and helps self-assess basic competences development at home with parents.
- Phonics sections help improve pronunciation, spelling and reading skills.
- Grammar, Functions and Vocabulary boxes and highlight the language taught in the unit, while a Grammar reference in the Pupil's Book plus a Grammar practice in the Activity Book give even more grammar practice.
- Resources to exploit stories in the classroom: character masks, story summaries, and playscripts.
- Updated exam-type tests in levels 2, 4 and 6 help to assess the children's progress, and familiarise them with the format of Pre-A1 Starters, A1 Movers and A2 Flyers.
- Digital Box for Interactive Whiteboard includes the Digital Pupil’s Book and Digital Activity Book with answers and interactive activities; integrated audio; animated stories, flashcards, wordcards, posters and Teacher’s notes.
English for Spanish Speakers
Levels 1 to 6 of Kid’s Box include extra content specifically designed for Spanish speakers:
- Spanish handwriting font for levels 1 and 2 in the Pupil's Book, and levels 1 to 6 in the Activity Book.
- ‘My Home Booklet’ helps involve parents in their children’s learning and provides a review of the contents covered and the Basic Competences developed.
- Pronunciation and phonics activities, together with the 'Say it with me' sections, focus on common pronunciation problems for Spanish speakers.
- Pages dedicated to CLIL and Social awareness topics connect children to the world outside the English classroom.
- Levels 5 and 6 include a ‘Get it right!’ section on common errors made by Spanish speakers, in order to help them avoid typical grammar, vocabulary and spelling mistakes. This section is informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus.