The Student’s Book combines complete preparation for the PAU exam with material that helps learners improve their English language skills for life, featuring:
- Authentic texts, with PAU-style comprehension exercises.
- Step-by-step guidance on how to write PAU-style tasks.
- Exam strategies that further prepare students for exam success.
- A detailed focus on phrasal verbs to help learners with this challenging feature of English.
- Speaking and Listening sections which offer the opportunity to develop these language skills beyond the Bachillerato syllabus.
- An extensive pronunciation syllabus, with a focus on problematic areas for Spanish speakers.
- ‘Get it right!’ activities, informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus, giving practice in areas of grammar and vocabulary than can be difficult for Spanish speakers.
Workbook with Audio CD and 'Common Mistakes at PAU' Booklet
The activities in the Workbook reinforce the language learnt in the Student’s Book, with:
- Authentic texts with PAU-style comprehension tasks.
- Further practice of grammar and vocabulary taught in the unit.
- Listening and pronunciation tasks.
- Extra writing practice.
- Extra phrasal verbs practice.
- End-of-book vocabulary extension and extra grammar practice.
The Workbook comes with an Audio CD and with the Common Mistakes at PAU Booklet, which provides additional practice in correcting mistakes commonly made by Spanish-speaking students taking PAU exams, written by experienced Bachillerato teachers and PAU examiners.