Collocations are combinations of words which frequently appear together. Learning about collocations means understanding how words work together for fluent and natural English, and helps students speak and write in a more natural and accurate way.
The English Collocation in Use books, available in two levels, provide explanations and practice of English collocations for intermediate (B1-B2) and advanced (C1-C2) learners of English. The books have been revised and updated for this second edition, and two units per level have been added. The second edition will be published in July 2017.
Number of levels
B1-C2 (Intermediate to Advanced)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- 60 easy-to-use two-page units: collocations are presented and explained on left-hand pages with a range of practice exercises on right-hand pages.
- Learn over 1,500 word combinations.
- Increase your knowledge of collocations and how to use them, with easy to understand explanations and practice exercises.
- Learn collocations in context, with lots of different topics, including ‘Using the Internet’, ‘Films and books’, ‘Social English’ and ‘Marketing’.
- Be confident about what you are learning, thanks to Cambridge research into how English is really spoken and written.
- Be better prepared for English exams such as IELTS and Cambridge English: First, Advanced and Proficiency, which often test knowledge of collocations.
- Get better at studying by yourself, with study tips, follow-up activities and an easy to use answer key.