Next Generation is a two-level course for upper-secondary students combining thorough preparation for the Pruebas de Acceso a la Universidad (PAU) exams with material that helps learners improve their English language skills for life.
Number of levels
B1-B2 (Intermediate to Upper Intermediate)
- Grammar sections in each unit provide systematic practice and revision of the PAU grammar syllabus.
- Reading comprehension exercises focus on exam-style practice.
- A step-by-step approach to writing supports and guides the students towards effective process writing.
- Mock PAU exams and exam strategies further prepare the students for success in the exam.
- A focus on phrasal verbs throughout the course provides continuous support in this challenging area.
- Speaking’ and ‘Listening’ sections in each unit give learners the opportunity to develop their language skills beyond the exam syllabus.
- Authentic texts give students practice in reading and understanding real English.
English for Spanish Speakers:
Next Generation is specifically designed for Spanish-speaking Bachillerato students and includes:
- ‘Error alert’ boxes throughout the Student’s Book and Workbook which highlight common mistakes made by Spanish-speaking learners.
- ‘Get it right!’ pages in the Student’s Book which practise correcting common mistakes made by Spanish-speaking learners. These pages are informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus.
- ‘Pronunciation’ pages which focus on common pronunciation errors made by Spanish speakers.