This edition of the Cambridge Idioms Dictionary explains over 7,000 idioms current in British, American and Australian English, helping learners to understand them and use them with confidence.
B2-C2 (Upper Intermediate to Proficiency)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- Fully updated with new idioms, e.g. think outside the box, play out of your skin, the new black
- Attractive page layout with idioms in colour for easy reference
- Clear explanations and example sentences for every idiom
- Most common idioms highlighted so students know which to learn
- Topic section covering useful language areas, e.g. agreeing and disagreeing, telling stories