English in Mind inspires teachers and students the world over. Designed especially for teenagers, this course has proved to be perfectly matched to their interests, age and abilities.
Teen photostories introduce ‘Everyday English’ and lead into speaking practice in the form of discussions and improvisation.
Number of levels
A1-C1 (Beginner to Advanced)
- Structured speaking practice and development throughout each level
- DVD-ROM with games, video and practice activities
- An extra ‘Vocabulary bank’ shows new words in context and offers accompanying practice exercises
- Flexible Testmaker CD-ROM, expanded Teacher’s Book and web support
- Authentic ‘Fiction in mind’ (levels Starter-2) and ‘Literature in mind’ (levels 3-5) section develop reading skills.
English for Spanish Speakers
- ‘Get it right!’ pages in the Student’s Book and Workbook, plus ‘Get it right!’ boxes throughout the Student’s Book, provide tips and practice to avoid common errors made by Spanish speakers in grammar and vocabulary, based on research from the Cambridge Learner Corpus.
- ‘Say it right!’ and ‘Spell it right!’ sections focus on aspects of English pronunciation and spelling which are difficult for Spanish speakers.
- Pages dedicated to cross-curricular topics help students develop a wider knowledge of the world, enabling them to use English for a real purpose.
- ‘Exams in mind’ pages in the Workbook offer practice in Cambridge English exam-type exercises.
- The Workbook offers a step-by-step guide to writing, with authentic model texts, useful tips and staged tasks.