Citizen Z is aimed at the current generation of teenagers, with their own needs, interests and aspirations. Young people are living in a world which requires new skills and preparation so that in the future they can take their places as citizens in the world.
Citizen Z has been written to take this into account …..
… whether inside or outside the classroom, the course goes beyond building strong language skills to developing the whole learner – with an emphasis on critical thinking, values, self-esteem and life skills – ensuring academic and lifelong success.
Levels A2 to B2 are already available. Levels A1 and C1 are new for 2017 and they are also already available.
Number of Levels
A1-C1 (Starter to Advanced)
- Engaging and thought-provoking topics challenge and inspire teenage learners.
- Guided writing and speaking sections support students step by step through the process to build fluent, confident written and spoken English.
- Culture lessons encourage students to think and talk about life in other countries and how it compares with their own.
- Literature lessons expose students to authentic language and encourage an appreciation of literature.
- Life skills lessons develop non language skills to help students in all aspects of their lives.
- ‘Cambridge Exams’ pages and assessment-style activities prepare students for success at Cambridge English: Key, Preliminary, First and Advanced.
- Graded Workbook activities and extra ideas in the Teacher’s Book provide plenty of support for fast-finishers and mixed-ability classes.
English for Spanish Speakers:
Citizen Z is specifically designed for Spanish-speaking teenage students and includes:
- ‘Get it right!’ pages in the Student’s Book plus ‘Get it right!’ boxes throughout the units that highlight common mistakes made by Spanish-speaking learners.
- A specific pronunciation section which focuses on common pronunciation errors.
- ‘Say it right!’ exercises that deal with areas which are more problematic for Spanish speakers.
- A coverage of all the competences students are expected to acquire with a Key competences mapping in the Teacher’s Book.