Open World is an exciting new course pushing students beyond the boundaries between exam preparation and real-world language. This course covers all the topics and language needed for learners preparing for the A2 Key, B1 Preliminary and B2 First Cambridge English Qualifications.
Number of Levels
A2-B1 (Elementary to Intermediate)
- Its unique exam journey provides a systematic route to exam success, leading learners from exam training tasks to full exam question practice.
- The Real World texts and videos give the learners a chance to demonstrate the English abilities they need to communicate effectively in the open world.
- ‘Push yourself’ sections extend students’ capability and confidence to an even higher level.
- Launch mobile animations, before or after class, to spark learning with ‘Grammar on the move’.
- The English for Spanish Speakers section helps teachers to consolidate the difficulties specific to Spanish learners of English.
- Includes a complete digital package for the teacher for classroom presentation, assessment and extra exam practice.
English for Spanish Speakers:
The English for Spanish Speakers section* in Open World provides:
- Advice on problematic spelling.
- Listening activities designed to raise awareness of English pronunciation.
- Examples of past grammatical mistakes and how to correct them.
- Commonly used words and expressions and how they differ in use to their Spanish equivalents.
*Common to Open World, Compact and Complete