Aimed at teenagers and young adults, this course combines thorough exam practice with stimulating topics to ensure that students are fully prepared for the exam. Informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus, exercises target areas that Spanish-speaking B1 Preliminary candidates typically find most challenging.
- Grammar and vocabulary exercises, informed by the Cambridge English Corpus, focus on the typical problem areas at this level and offer practice to overcome them.
- The CD-ROM that comes with the Student’s Book offers a wealth of interactive exercises, including further listening practice exclusive to the CD-ROM.
- Two complete practice tests are included in the Student’s Book, one for B1 Preliminary and another for B1 Preliminary for Schools, to help your students prepare for the exam.
English for Spanish Speakers:
The course also contains material specifically designed to help Spanish speakers:
- Exercises focusing on common Spanish-speaking candidate problem areas at this level, informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus.
- Speaking Tips and the ‘Spelling and Sounds’ section in the Student’s Book help Spanish speakers perform better in the Speaking exam and with their pronunciation.
- Writing Tips and the ‘Sounds and Spelling’ section in the Workbook help students improve their writing and spelling.