The course at a glance
Start date: 03 July 2017
End date: 13 July 2017
Format: blended (face-to-face and online)
Duration: 15 hours
Fee: free course
Digital Competences in the Language Classroom
Cambridge University Press offers a free 15-hour blended course to Secondary and Batxillerat English teachers in Catalunya, as part of the training programme developed by the Departament d'Ensenyament de la Generalitat de Catalunya.
Teachers who complete the course will receive a certificate from Cambridge University Press. The course, which will take place in the first two weeks of July, is accredited by the Departament d'Ensenyament de la Generalitat.
Objectives of the course
Participants will have the opportunity to learn more about how to integrate, evaluate and experiment with technology in language teaching and learning. By the end of the course:
- You will have built further awareness of the issues related to using technology
- You will have been provided with guidance as to how to extend your knowledge of digital competencies
- You will have been given an opportunity to share your ideas and learning experience
Format of the course
The course is delivered as a mixture of face-to-face and online learning.
- Module 1: Evaluating Digital Tools
- Module 2: Flipped Learning
- Session 1: Using Authentic Video
- Session 2: Outcomes and Conclusions
The course will be delivered and tutored by Lynn Durrant, Head of Young Learner Teacher Training at International House Barcelona.