Life Adventures is a motivating new course providing both general English and comprehensive preparation for Cambridge English Qualifications. It is jointly published with Cambridge Assessment English and is official preparation for Young Learners, A2 Key for Schools and B1 Preliminary for Schools.
Student-centred learning is a core part of the course, with ongoing unit tasks giving ample opportunity for collaborative learning. These unit tasks, called missions, frame the learning outcomes in a meaningful way with real-world contexts motivating young learners.
Number of levels
A1-B1 (Beginner to Pre-intermediate)
- Life Adventures and the mission sections follow the principles of learner autonomy coupled with the benefits of collaborative learning and Learning Oriented Assessment.
- What we learn, why we learn and how we learn is the fundamental process. Life Adventures follows this essential cycle making the children the owners of their own learning, carefully guided by the teacher.
- Life skills are also an essential part of the journey: emotional intelligence, critical thinking, learning to learn, resilience …. all have an important part to play.
- A gentle integration of skills, language and exam-type tasks helps children build their self-confidence.
- Levels 5 and 6 take a more mature approach and act as a real bridge between Primary and Secondary with motivating blogs from the course characters.
English for Spanish Speakers:
- Spanish handwriting font for levels 1 and 2 in both the Pupil’s Book and the Activity Book.
- Pronunciation and phonics sections in the Activity Book (levels 1 to 4) and in the Pupil’s Book (levels 5 and 6) focus on the most problematic individual sounds for Spanish speakers.
- Levels 5 and 6 include Get it right! activities covering common errors made by Spanish speakers, in order to help them avoid typical grammar, vocabulary and spelling mistakes. This section is informed by the Cambridge English Corpus.