This seven-level course gives children a confident start to learning English, and makes lessons a joy for teachers. Perfect for general use, it also fully covers the Cambridge English: Young Learners (YLE) tests syllabus, preparing students better than ever for success at Starters, Movers and Flyers.
The Starter Level, designed for the international edition, gives children a quick start to English before they can read or write, and can be used in the last year of Infantil.
Number of levels
A1-A2 (Complete Beginner to Elementary)
At Starter Level:
- Lively songs and stories introduce new language
- CLIL and Values sections present other subjects through English and develop children's social awareness
- CD-ROM and activities offer extra language practice
For levels 1 to 6:
- The new 'My Home Booklet' revises vocabulary and grammar and helps self-assess basic competences development at home with parents.
- Phonics sections help improve pronunciation, spelling and reading skills.
- An improved focus on grammar, with Grammar boxes and a Grammar reference in the Pupil's Book, plus a Grammar practice in the Activity Book.
- New resources to exploit stories in the classroom: character masks, story summaries, and playscripts.
- Exam-type tests in levels 2, 4 and 6 help to assess the children's progress, and familiarise them with the format of the Cambridge English: Young Learners exam.
- Digital Box for Interactive Whiteboard includes the Digital Pupil’s Book and Digital Activity Book with answers and interactive activities; integrated audio; animated stories, flashcards, wordcards, posters and Teacher’s notes.
English for Spanish Speakers
Levels 1 to 6 of Kid’s Box include extra content specifically designed for Spanish speakers:
- Spanish handwriting font for levels 1 and 2 in the Pupil's Book, and levels 1 to 6 in the Activity Book.
- The new ‘My Home Booklet’ helps involve parents in their children’s learning and provides a review of the contents covered and the Basic Competences developed.
- Pronunciation and phonics activities, together with the 'Say it with me' sections, focus on common pronunciation problems for Spanish speakers.
- Pages dedicated to CLIL and Social awareness topics connect children to the world outside the English classroom.
- Levels 5 and 6 include a ‘Get it right!’ section on common errors made by Spanish speakers, in order to help them avoid typical grammar, vocabulary and spelling mistakes. This section is informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus.