Phrasal verbs are verbs which have a main verb and a particle which, together, make one meaning. For example, a plane 'takes off' from the airport; an adult 'looks after' a child. Using short texts, dialogues, tables and charts, these books cover Intermediate (B1-B2) and Advanced (C1) to explain and practise over 1,000 phrasal verbs to help students development more natural-sounding English.
Number of levels
B1-C1 (Intermediate to Advanced)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- The verbs are divided into units by topic, function, concept, particle and verb.
- The units show the phrasal verbs in a range of natural contexts such as everyday dialogues, e-mails, cartoons and newspaper extracts.
- Provides valuable information about register, usage and collocation to help students develop more natural-sounding English.
- Includes a comprehensive, student-friendly answer key and promotes good learning habits through student tips and follow-up tasks.
- Contains a mini-dictionary with easy-to-understand definitions and cross references to units in the book.