A good knowledge of collocations (typical word combinations) is essential for fluent and natural-sounding English. Using collocations will improve your style of written and spoken English, and knowledge of collocations is often tested in examinations such as Cambridge English: First, Advanced, Proficiency and IELTS. Learning correct word combinations will also help you avoid common learner errors.
Ideal for students at good intermediate level and above, English Collocations in Use is available in two levels (intermediate and advanced) for presentation and practice of hundreds of collocations in typical contexts.
Number of levels
B1-C1 (Intermediate to Advanced)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- 60 easy-to-use two-page units: collocations are presented and explained on left-hand pages with a range of practice exercises on right-hand pages.
- Presents and explains over 1,500 word combinations in typical contexts using tables, charts, short texts and dialogues.
- Contains a comprehensive answer key and full index for easy reference, making it suitable for self-study or classroom use.
- Includes tips on learning strategies and ways to avoid common mistakes.
- Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus to ensure that the most frequent and useful collocations are presented.