Compact Preliminary for Schools is a concise and focused course which thoroughly prepares B1-level students for Cambridge English: Preliminary for Schools. The course is designed to maximise the performance of school-age learners, and covers the core Preliminary for Schools topics, language and skills.
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- B1-level vocabulary is targeted, drawing on insights from English Profile, and brought together in a Wordlist based on key vocabulary from the units.
- Two teen-inspired topics in each unit ensure the entire exam syllabus is covered, and can also act as a basis for CLIL-based extension activities and projects.
- Each unit contains one exam-style Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking task.
- ‘Exam tips’ and grammar and vocabulary exercises teach students to avoid common mistakes identified in the Cambridge Learner Corpus.
- A complete practice test is included in the Student’s Book, with exclusive access to a further test and audio online.
- A CD-ROM accompanying the Student’s Book offers additional practice in grammar, vocabulary and exam practice, including listening.