Compact First 2nd edition provides B2-level students with thorough preparation and practice of the grammar, vocabulary, language skills, topics and exam skills needed for success in Cambridge English: First. Ten units cover all four papers of the revised 2015 exam, focusing on one part of each paper in each unit.
Reading and Listening texts cover all core Cambridge English: First topics. Writing tasks include both sample and model answers, Speaking activities are designed to improve fluency and accuracy, and to help students express themselves with confidence. Grammar for Use of English pages provide additional focus on grammar, each unit includes a revision page. Vocabulary input is at B2 level and is based on English Vocabulary Profile. Grammar and vocabulary work is integrated in exam practice, including exercises informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus.
B2 (Upper Intermediate)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- Efficient exam preparation in 50-60 core hours.
- Updated for the revised 2015 Cambridge English: First exam.
- Unit-based Grammar Reference with clear explanations and examples of key grammar.
- Unit-based wordlist with target vocabulary and definitions.
- CD-ROM with additional interactive grammar, vocabulary and writing skills practice.