The Cambridge School Dictionary is the perfect study companion for students studying other subjects through English. It includes vocabulary from all the main CLIL and International GCSE topics - from biology to economics and from IT to literature - to give you the confidence and support you need to learn in English, whatever the subject.
B1-B2 (Intermediate to Upper Intermediate)
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
- Every word is explained in clear, simple English, along with all the grammar and usage information you need to use English correctly.
- Extra help pages focus on subject-specific collocations and study techniques, as well as explaining the technical language you need to talk about numbers, graphs and charts.
- Clearly labelled subject-specific words help you to find the meanings you need quickly and easily.
- Common Learner Error notes taken from the Cambridge Learner Corpus help you to avoid typical mistakes.
- Hundreds of illustrations help to explain study topics clearly and simply.
- Thesaurus boxes provide alternatives to over-used words, helping you to choose the exact word you need.